CMI Concord helps clients prepare for and troubleshoot their negotiations. The negotiations can be as simple and direct as a commercial contract or as complex as those required to transform a national health care market. They can complete an isolated transaction but are more often part of a long term course of dealing among companies and governments with established relationships. We help clients clarify their aspirations, formulate their goals, and then design and execute a negotiation strategy that will advance their interests as effectively as possible.
Most of our advisory work is confidential. The following general examples illustrate the type of engagements on which we work. We have
- prepared boards and senior executives of insurance and healthcare companies for merger and joint venture negotiations and participated in negotiating specific transactions.
- helped CEOs, their executive teams and their boards of directors resolve internal disputes, improve their governance and administration, and formulate a strategic plan.
- advised senior HMO executives on their negotiations with providers.
- We advised plaintiffs' counsel on settlement of class action toxic tort litigation.
- prepared cabinet level government and opposition party negotiating teams for negotiation of their national constitution.
- Helped a government, as part of a diplomatic mission, design its strategy for negotiating a private contract to develop the country's natural resources.